Friday, April 22, 2011

Home: Part 2

So... I am home now. And while I print my Organic Chemistry notes out... I will spread my pixie dust out into cyberspace...

My flight... Was kinda awesome! British is super cool, that's right... I said Super Cool. I wrote 6 pages in my journal from the Airport to the moment we touched down in Durban. I can totally see Dr. Couch, all grown up and awesome, brave enough to wear heels everyday, and one with the universe, cringing when she reads it. They will come in the order she sees the words "that's how I roll", "Cos I'm cool like that" and each and every single time she sees an I dotted with a heart... And she will be confused whenever she sees a formula randomly thrown into the mix, with notes to self about veins traveling to the heart and arteries traveling from the heart. Oh well... The awesome shoes she'll be wearing will make up for the embarrassment my youthful exuberance brings.

British, has blue, leather seats. Woollies food (They gave us Easter eggs, I mean how lovely is that!?!) and older, more professional looking air hostesses who don't look as if they bathed in makeup before the flight. I would listen to those women if the plane had to crash, the women from Mango and other such airlines would blind me with the whiteness of their teeth... And I would die.

You know you're an adult when... You have eaten in a restaurant alone. And for that matter, when you have pulled a 19.6kg suitcase up 6 flights of stairs... By yourself. When I do it in heels... I will officially call myself a woman. Oh! Look! Isn't it awesome! I know you've seen it before but look! 






First Impressions:

The original title of Jane Austen's most famous work. Lovely, witty and frequently quoted by me... Its something that is underestimated. When I first saw my best friend, I thought she was very very hyper and frankly quite strange. However, turns out... I'M STRANGE TOO! And we are inseparable, not even me attending University almost 2000kms away from her has... No... Nevermind... Bad example. Um... When Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Benne... Ah. La Vache', another terrible example.

What was the point?? Oh, Right. First Impressions impact the pallor of the light you se someone in for quite some time into the relationship. I totally had a point! I'm like a woodland creature... Ooooh! Shiny!

I even have packs of Peanuts and Raisins in my room! Isn't it just so cute!!! I want one!

In an attempt to regain some focus... *Reading journal for interesting tidbits about journey... Hmmm... Corny stuff about how puurdy yet simulaneously hellish the mountains look from the sky... Formula about Pressure when one is rising... (P=Po-pgh) Stuff about Eustachian tubes, the awesome old Indian guys next to me on the plane, who kept making jokes about opening the window... Other stuff... Ja... I declare operation focus... A fail.

I will now leave you with the most amazing-est song ooit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBBMNJPk5qo

Jason Mraz - If it kills me

You're welcome :D

Oh! And my Baby cousin now calls me Marcia. Not Marc, not Marcy, not You... Marcia.... "Shit just got real" (tm)



Ek moet gaan...
Stay awesome
Until Next Time...

Au Reviour

No comments:

Post a Comment